Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Day without the computer...

So I know this is going to sound really sad, but I know many of you will understand. This morning I came home from the gym and my computer wouldn't turn on! I tried everything but apparently the charger wasn't charging the battery which doesn't last for more than 5 minutes if it's not plugged in! Crisis! I called Daniel and asked him if he knew how to fix it. He didn't seem to think it was such a big deal. He said he would stop by Fry's on his way home and get a new battery and a charger. I had to think of things to do today that didn't use the computer (there are actually a TON of things I should be doing right now!) so here's what I came up with:

1. Finished organizing my sewing stuff. Everything is in a plastic bin, not a grocery bag!
2. Started sanding Addie's chair to get it ready to repaint that we also got from my Grandpa's house. I'll post pictures when it's done!
3. Visited Katy and Jack, at least I got to check my e-mail!
4. Painted something for a vinyl order
5. Packed my maternity clothes in a plastic box because we won't have the closest space in our new place

By then it was dinner time. And after dinner, the day is pretty much over. So I survived my day without the computer. I actually had a lot of work to do on the computer, but I got a lot done around the house! Maybe I should leave the computer off more often and actually get some packing done!

2 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

glad you are up and running again!!!

Travis and Ashlee said...

Ya it seems silly but computers have become a big part of our lives. I sure do get alot more done when I'm not on my as well!! but here I sit....