Thursday, August 14, 2008

First sewing project...

FINALLY completed! Whew, this took awhile. My Grandma Lee passed away a few months ago and one of the things I inherited from her collection of things is her sewing machine. It's from like 1970 and the front page of the instruction book says "Dear homemaker," and it cracks me up every time I read it, but it works great! She loved this machine more than any newer one that she tried. I also brought home a lifetime supply of thread, bias tape, needles and pins. I couldn't wait to get started sewing! But it was missing the needle clamp screw which is quite important. So...after about a month a searching for a screw I finally found one that fit my old, all metal machine. I thought it would be easy from there. I was wrong! After 2 visits from Katy (Thanks!) to help me figure how to thread the silly thing, 1 broken needle, a couple of headaches from trying to figure out why the thread was jamming underneath the fabric and a few late nights of working on them, here they are. My beanbags. Are they very pretty up close? No. Will I find beans all over the place one day because I didn't sew them shut all the way? Probably. But I did it. Next project: A blanket for Addie.



I just thought this picture is cute. She is my little helper when I am working.

2 comments:

Travis and Ashlee said...

Thats funny!! I have tried to sew, my mom was a big sewer...I found it just wasn't for me!! Good for you, they look really cute. Your diligence almost makes me want to try again!!

Rachel said...

Hi Jenna!!!!! I am so happy that I found your blog! Trenton and I were actually trying to find you guys. And I found out that one of the kids in my neighborhood is friends with your sister and I was so happy to find a way to get in touch with you. But this whole blog thing is just as good. How is life? It makes me sad that we havent talked in so long. I was in Utah for so long I felt like I fell off the face of the planet. You guys look so happy and your little girl is adorable. Girls are so much fun. I am so glad we can keep in touch now!