Monday, August 11, 2008

I want one of those!

I have always wanted to go geocaching, but we don't own a GPS. I have also been trying to convince Daniel since before we were married that I NEED a GPS. He is taking his young men camping this weekend and they are planning on doing some geocaching with a GPS that he borrowed. So he had to practice using it right? Daniel found some caches that were actually pretty close to where we live. The first one was within walking distance actually so it was a nice after dinner stroll. This one wasn't too hard to find, took like 2 minutes once we found the general location. We hopped in the car to drive to the second one. We found the general location but it took awhile to find the actual cache. Whoever found it last hid it really well! It's crazy how many people do this geocaching thing. After you find the cache there is usually paper inside that you can write your name and the date on to see how many people have found it. Both caches had people from only a few days ago on them. We decided that we are going to set one up in front of our house and watch people walk around trying to find it! Should be pretty funny. Here are a few pictures from our little adventure. I am not sure how the geocache owners would feel about me posting these pictures, but it's not like I am telling you exactly where they are, right? Hopefully this finally convinced Daniel to get a GPS. Or mom, my birthday is coming up. :)



No comments: