Sunday, October 5, 2008

Something for Daniel, Wedding Dress, and Halloween Decorations!

Since Daniel said I was allowed 1 post per day, I decided to just combine 3 in one, so this might be a bit long!

Since we started dating, almost 9 years ago, I have known about Daniel's love of working with tools. I can't even count how many times since we've been married he's asked me if we can get a saw. Until our recent move, my reply was always something like "We don't have anywhere to put one." Now that we have a garage, I can't use that excuse anymore. He finally got the chance to go to Sears and pick out a saw. Of course I had to like it too because I might have to use it occasionally to cut some wood. It should be a great investment for the vinyl business and he was so funny setting it up...like a little kid on Christmas morning.

I know I am a dork for posting this next part, but it was kind of fun. My mom brought my wedding dress up here with her to get it out of her house. I plan on getting it cleaned and boxed and hope that one of my daughters will want to wear it some day. I couldn't resist trying it on to see if it still fits. Almost 4 years and 1 child later, it still does! It was just a tad tighter around my waist than it was on the day we got married (thanks to my sweet baby girl), but I remember it being pretty snug back then too. Daniel said he was happy that it fit because he was not sure if he could handle my reaction if it didn't. Then he said something a little sweeter, he thought that I looked more beautiful in it than I did on our wedding day now that I am a mother. :) I even put the veil on, mostly because I was trying to hide the fact that I didn't do my hair today. I also added one of my bridal pictures, except for my hair being much shorter, I think I look the same.

We are still in the process of unpacking but I did get some of my fall/Halloween decorations up. I made these Spooky blocks to add to my collection. I stole the idea from Daniel's friends blog, changed it a little bit and used vinyl. I painted them to look like the paint is cracked with crackle medium which I have never used before so I was a little nervous. I do like how they came out and they look pretty cute looking in through the window from outside.
I think that's it for now, for once a post that's not entirely about Addie!

2 comments:

Alice Jane said...

That's so funny because I just got my wedding dress out last week too. Same thing...still fit but a little snug around the waist, thanks to lil and emma.

Looks like your new home is great. Nice and roomy. I am soooo jealous!

Travis and Ashlee said...

Must be so nice for you to still fit in your wedding dress. I am well aware that I will never fit in mine again. I blame that on two c-sec deliveries!! Sounds good to me anyways!! Travis is the same way whenever he gets a new tool. Cracks me up. Like a little boy!!