Thursday, January 28, 2016

Happy Birthday Opal Dawn Part 2!

I feel a little bit (maybe just a tiny bit) bad that we didn't do much for Opal's birthday. She is only 2. And her birthday was on a weekday and she doesn't really have a lot of little friends yet. So she just got us, Red Robin (we didn't even have them sing and bring her ice cream!) and presents. I don't think she minded and was really excited about all of her gifts.

Opal is spunky, fiesty and smart. Too smart for her own good sometimes! She loves to climb and do things for herself. Her and Dia and frenemies and I am waiting for when the 18 month age gap becomes 'awesome' like so many people have said it would be. She has so much personality! Our house would be boring without her. :)

We started the morning with special birthday pancakes with whip cream!

Birthday selfie with mom. :)


Modeling her new shoes!

We decided to add some new play food to the play kitchen. Opal and Dia play with it a lot while we are doing school. I found a cute wood 'fridge' on craigslist so now we have a place to store all of the food! Since it was just Christmas she knew exactly how to tear all the wrapping paper off by herself!


She seriously loves this little cake my sister gave her.

Definitely a girly girl and likes anything frilly and fluffy!

I went to Marshalls to shop for her. I figured she didn't know it was her birthday so I took all the kids along with me. She kept pointing to this baby on the very top shelf and saying 'baby, baby'. We handed her 3 other dolls that were laying there but she would hand them back and point at this one. I snuck it in the cart and she forgot all about it. She was so excited when she opened it on her birthday! She carries it all over the house, usually by the hair. :/ 





"Can I eat it mom?"


She tried to blow the candles out and I think she did eventually with a little bit of help!


Of course she only ate the frosting off the top and was done!

Happy birthday baby girl!

No comments: