Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Seattle Trip

We really wanted to go on a trip this year for our anniversary since we didn't do much last year for our 10th. We needed to keep it simple since our travel funds were wiped out from Disneyland, so we decided to spend the weekend in Seattle! Even though we didn't go far and we have been to Seattle many times before, it was seriously so fun! I was able to relax! We had a list of a few things we wanted to do but we left the schedule pretty flexible! We were able to leave all 4 kids with our friends (who have 5 kids of their own!) and spend 2 nights away!

The day before we left, it was really cold, windy and icy. Our power was out along with a lot of other neighborhoods. Thankfully it came back on in the late afternoon and the house the kids were going to wasn't affected! It made for some fun school/packing/playing time in our room where the fireplace is!



The first night there we had a Groupon to do the Seattle Ghost Tour. It was interesting. It took us right downtown where there are some questionable people but the stories the tour guide told were fascinating. Lots of history and a look in to how Seattle used to be. It was mostly about people who had died in certain places and how some of those places still had a presence there. That's what the tour guides believe and it makes for some fun stories! We got to Seattle a little bit late so we threw our stuff in the hotel room and literally ran to the tour place! That's one way to keep warm!

We walked everywhere we went. It was freezing cold but kind of nice. No strollers, no little people to chase and slow down for! We didn't have set a plan on where to eat so we walked around for a little bit then found the Hard Rock Restaurant. We haven't been to one of those forever! The server was super nice and was cracking up after I took forever to decide if I wanted a fancy drink or not. When I told him I was going to be crazy and get a cherry pepsi he laughed. The bartender must know how much I like cherries in my drink!

View at night from our room,



The next morning we had no plans, so we slept in. So nice. I think Daniel thinks I am nerdy because I brought food for us to have for breakfast. I was excited about this for 2 reasons: 1. It saved us money 2. We didn't have to get up and get ready to go out and eat.  We were able to sleep in, eat in our room and take our time getting ready.

We headed out for the day and went to the Seattle Great Wheel. The line wasn't too bad and now we can say we have been there! It was a bit pricey for how long you are on the thing but as long we were playing tourist this was great!






 Next stop was somewhere for lunch! On our way we stopped at the gum wall! We have never seen this either. They recently washed it down so I was surprised at how much gum is already back up there!


 After taking a quick nap, we headed out to dinner at PF Changs (one of our favorites!). We walked around the mall and found a really fun Brain store where I found too many games I wanted! Then we saw a movie and called it a night.


 Saturday morning we got up a little bit earlier, ate breakfast in the room then headed out for Pike Place Market. In 9 years I have never been there without the kids. We ate lunch at a little restaurant that I never want to take them in to then we headed home!


It was such a nice little break from my regular mommy life! I am so looking forward to the next time we get to get away, when ever that will be!



1 comment:

Clay and Katy said...

So fun! Glad you got to get away!