Sunday, January 17, 2016

October Fun

Usually I would break this up in to a couple different posts but in the interest of time I will lump this all together. Here is our October recap.

The bedtime struggle is real. She puts up a good fight but in the end sleep always wins.

The only way I can get her to nap is if we read books and I lay with her in my bed. I do like an excuse to take a nap myself. :) I only have her lay down on the days she is acting really tired, so maybe 1-2 times a week.

***

Daniel was able to go to Las Vegas for a few days when his dad was in the hospital. The kids loved talking to him on Skype. They were even giving him a check up.

***

One of our favorite babysitters left to go serve an 18 month mission for the Church! We love Jaycee and are so excited for her!


Addie can't wait to get braces. The first step is a spacer because her mouth is too small. She was a champ when they put it in and tried to be so brave!



Love when they fall asleep in the chair. :)

Bedtime shenanigans.


We did an experiment to show how important it is to wash our hands. I used tongs to put a clean piece of bread in to a bag and zipped it shut. Then we each took turns touching a second piece with our unwashed hands. I told the kids to pretend to sneeze on it and cough on it. Then we watched as the dirty one started turning colors and growing mold! So gross! The clean one stayed perfectly clean to the end.

 I love when the kids steal my phone and then take a thousand pictures of themselves. And thanks to the neighbor up the street, I have a ton of duck face photos of my 8 year old. 



***
 October is my birthday month! We celebrated as a family the Saturday before. Daniel and I went on a date during the day. First stop was Starbucks for peppermint hot chocolate. Next stop was pedicures. Then lunch at Trappers Sushi. So fun! For dinner we celebrated as a family at Red Robin (of course!).




On my actual birthday (a Tuesday) I went out with some girl friends for dinner. Some much needed girls, no kids time!

***
 We are always looking for fun things to do with the kids during the day as far as museums and things go. We decided to buy a membership to the Pacific Science Center. It's in Seattle so we don't go a whole lot but just going 2 or 3 times paid for the membership and the kids love it! Right now they have a Grossology exhibit which is all about bodily functions. I love hearing them tell Daniel about snot and farts! Ew. Our friends also bought memberships so it makes it more fun. :)



Inside the Science Center is a climbing wall. Johnny is awesome at it. I think he can make it most of the way across without letting go!

Pouting about who knows what.

***

My farm girl. She loves to work outside. Bless her heart because I hate it!


No comments: