Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Addie's 8th Birthday!!

Back in January we went to a fundraiser for a friend. We won a princess party that we thought would be prefect for Addie! Since her birthday fell on a Saturday she was able to have the party on her actual birthday. I think she had planned on doing something else for her birthday this year but when we told her about the princess she was pretty excited. This lady is good! She was once a princess at Disney World and now runs her own side business of princess parties. Her real job though is a fire fighter! Shows that you can be pretty and tough at the same time!

I emailed her awhile ago and mentioned that Addie's favorite princess was Aurora and she said she would see what she could do as far as having a costume made. There were some issues I guess when she ordered it and there was a bit of concern that it wouldn't be here in time. Luckily, it did get here in time. She did tell me that her wig arrived the morning of the party though! That was cutting it close! 

We invited a fair amount of girls but I think since school had just ended and everyone was busy with vacations and the ballet recital only a few came. I think I was more bummed than Addie. They all had a good time anyway. I'm thinking this might be the last of the princess parties, for Addie at least!




When she arrived she read to the kids while we waited for everyone to get there. 


Then we moved on to face painting. I was expecting something small on the cheek but of course my kids went for the full face! Oy. I would have tried to talk her out of it but I didn't want to offend the princess and it was Addie's party, she should do what she wants!






Even Johnny got brave enough. He was on his way to another birthday party so he didn't go all out and picked something much smaller.





Melanie and Garrisyn!

We played a kiss the frog game. Kind of like pin the tail on the donkey except I put lipstick on them and they had to kiss the frog. :) Pretty funny!




Addie really likes to make paper fans. We found some fancy, sparkly paper and let them make a few!
Next we moved on to decorating cupcakes! I gave each girl a cupcake and her own tray with sprinkles. I think more sprinkles ended up on the table than on the cupcakes but they had fun!








Garrisyn LOVED Aurora!! She didn't want to get down!

Baby girls!


No comments: