Monday, August 17, 2015

Addie's Baptism Part 1

I found Addie a really cute white dress on Amazon for her baptism. I'm sure they don't even have to wear white dresses right? Is it just a fun thing to do? Anyway, fast forward to the beginning of June when I started looking for dresses. I saw a few that I really liked that were decent prices. I decided to keep looking and wait to buy one because the baptism was 6 weeks away. Now, fast forward to a week before. Still no dress was ordered. I went in to panic mode. If you know Addie, she loves all things frilly and girly. A simple white dress would not do. I wasn't going to let her get a little miniature wedding dress either though. 
All of the websites that I had seen cute dresses were ridiculously expensive to have it shipped quickly and not many places around here sell white dresses for girls. We looked through the entire mall. Someone suggested Amazon and I wondered how I didn't think of that sooner. That is our go to website for everything! So I hopped on and picked out 2 or 3 that I liked then let her choose one. It was here in 2 days, it fit and she loved it! Amazon for the win!

I was also able to line up a photographer friend to take some pictures. That was a whole other panic attack when I realized we hadn't taken pictures or thought of a journal or album for people to write to her. I was failing at our first child's baptism. Wasn't the first one supposed to be all planned and organized and it was the last one that was rushed and thrown together?! 

The pictures came out lovely. They are going in to a book (that I will eventually get to!) along with the note cards that guests wrote their thoughts and feelings on.














No comments: