Monday, August 10, 2015

The Stick



In September Addie started taking ballet at a place in Tacoma. An actual ballet school. She really wanted to perform on a real stage. The rec. center ballet wasn't enough. So every Tuesday, I packed up all 4 kids, drove 30 minutes there, sat for a hour (in a tiny room with not enough seats and no windows to watch Addie), then drove the 30 minutes home. When we moved in November, our drive time increased to 40 minutes each way. It was just about a 3 hour trip. I dreaded Tuesdays. But, on recital day, it was all worth it. Every minute we spent driving. To see her so excited. And we were so proud!

The entire ballet was based on the book titled The Stick. It's about a little boy who finds a stick and then becomes all of these different things. One class was dressed as pirates another as flight attendants. Addie was a knight on a stead!!

Backstage right before I had to take my seat. This is how I left her and her makeup. When she got on stage I noticed 2 things. 1. Someone had pinned her head piece down weird.  2. She was wearing more eye makeup and some bright red lipstick! It was horrible! I'll have to have a talk with her next time about not letting her friends 'help' her with make up!

They had 2 performances. One on Thursday and one on Friday. Thursday night we got a babysitter for Dia and Opal and the rest of us went. It was so fun to have my mom, Melanie and Garrisyn there!





And this stud. ;)



Friday night we left everyone home with my mom and sister and we took Addie's best friend Damsel with us!




These were the seniors. The director got a little emotional when she had them come forward. They were all so good!

This is the video of her dance. I had the camera the first night and held it up recording her for the whole dance only to find out that I had forgotten to push the record button! I was sooooo happy there was going to be another performance! Daniel was in charge of recording it the next night!

We have decided she won't be going back to the same school this year. It was just too far for us to go plus the class she would be in meets on Saturday mornings! Not a good time for us. She wants to do horse riding lessons instead! Oh boy. I am trying to talk her in to one of the dance schools right here in Bonney Lake. :)



No comments: