Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Parasailing

Another item on our Summer of Daniel and Jenna bucket list was to go Parasailing! We found a Groupon for a place in Tacoma (about 25 minutes from our house). The Groupon deal included photos of the event so we were pretty excited! 

When we arrived they told us they were running a little bit late which is never cool when you have a reservation! We ended up not waiting too long and soon we were on our way! There was another couple on the boat with us. The husband was celebrating his 50th birthday! They went out first so we were able to watch how it was done. 

Right before we lifted off, the guy told us to ignore the creaking sounds from the lines, not to worry about them. I didn't think much of it until I heard what he was talking about! I kept looking up to make sure everything was still attached, it was so noisy! Daniel had a good time relaxing, I definitely did not let go of my harness the whole time! It was really fun and so peaceful once we were up away from the sound of the boat engine. 

We opted to go for the toe dip halfway through. The driver slowed the boat down so that we gradually started descending just low enough to dip our feet in the water then he gunned it and we took off again! That was pretty exciting!




It looks like the life jacket is choking me. It may have been a little small. :)


All ready for lift off!

And we're off. Up, up and away!!
We went up to 1,000 ft. It was high!!

Mt. Rainier in the background.


Toe dip!!


When I saw this picture I thought, oh how cute. We are holding hands. Then I remembered I refused to take my hands off the harness. Daniel was reaching over poking me and laughing because I was still holding on!

No comments: