Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Horseback Riding

For her birthday, Addie really wanted to go horseback riding. After researching and trying to find a place to go we finally settled on this lady not too far from where we live. I tried unsuccessfully to get a hold of a different place to schedule it and she would not get back to me. Really annoying and unprofessional if you ask me. So my friend suggested this lady that owns some horses and takes people for rides. My friend said she was a little quirky, and quirky she was!! But it was affordable and the ride was nice.

 We walked on a trail through a wooded area which was really pretty. To get there we had to first go out on a busy road. It was fun to see the people driving by looking at us. Not everyday that you see horses going down the road! There were some hills so Addie learned how to lean when going up and going down hill. My horse was in the back and I think she liked to slow down and get behind so that we could trot to catch up. I don't blame her. How boring is it to walk on the same trails all the time! Addie absolutely loved it! She has been on a farm/cowgirl kick lately. She says she is going to live on a farm and have 10 kids. Her house is going to be big enough that Daniel and I are going to live there too. Sounds good to me!! She loved this so much that now she wants to take horseback riding lessons. Oh boy, those are not cheap!!



Getting all set up.

That smile shows how excited she was!


My cute mom knows how to pose on a horse for a picture!

Addie wasn't brave enough to steer her horse by herself so the lady lead her horse for her. I think she could have done it. :)


I tried to take some pictures while we were riding but I was scared I was going to drop my phone! This is the best one I got.



Afterwards we went to dinner at Olive Garden. This was the best group picture we got. Sorry Melanie. :)

Thanks Grandma Huckaby for the fun ride! 




No comments: