Friday, August 7, 2015

Rainier to Ruston 2015

June and July were crazy months for us!! I think we had multiple things going every weekend!

To start it all off we ran the Rainier to Ruston Relay on June 6th for the second time! It's not as fun as the Ragnar relay but trying to get 6 people to commit to this was hard enough!! We barely put a team together about a week before the race. I was starting to think it wasn't going to happen!

We weren't too great about taking pictures. I may have taken more but since my phone ordeal I still haven't found all my photos. :( 

Daniel and I ran different legs than we did last year. I started the race with leg 1. It was 5 miles! I was excited about the different legs because they were longer than I have run in the past so I had to push myself and train hard. For once I didn't have one of the easiest legs. :) We were up super early and it was a long day but worth it at the end!



My legs were giving me a hard time leading up to race day. Crazy painful. My awesome chiropractor fixed me up 2 days before. I may have looked funny walking around taped like this but it worked! I felt no pain on my 5 mile leg!

Endless bathroom line!

Starting line!

Brothers!

My second leg didn't go as well as the first. It was really hot!! I was a little disappointed with my time, but I finished!! (Thanks Daniel for trying to document our race! I don't think I have any videos of him!).

Our team running to the finish line!



Our friend Kevin's business sponsored us this year. We used his Excursion and they had shirts printed for us! Our team name was Downhill Warriors and Daniel even designed the shirts!!

This is the beginning of the race. I am one of the last people to run through the start.
***

We had been researching cars for while. Our van's transmission was ready to go any day and with the weather heating up I was scared I would be stuck on the side of the road with the kids!! Plus the A/C was acting up (again), one of the doors was finicky when it was warm, etc. The list goes on. So, a few days before we ran the relay this happened...
A huge rock flew in to the windshield! It scared me half to death!! My heart was pounding and my ears were ringing for about 5 minutes from the sound of the hit. I was so very thankful that it didn't shatter. I was very impressed at the almost perfect arc that it made. Now I could add 'needs new windshield' to the list of van problems.

So, back to car hunting. We test drove several cars from an Excursion to an Escalade. Daniel would have bought the Escalade if it was up to him but I was insisting on having 8 seats. On our way home, after our really long day of running, we drove past a car lot in Puyallup and a Yukon XL caught my eye. After we dropped everyone off and unloaded the car we loaded up the kids and took our stinky selves to go look at it. It was close to their closing time so I was trying to say we would think about it and decide on Monday. We hadn't eaten dinner yet and the kids were ready to go home but we caved. It has everything we were looking for in our price range.

So we said good bye to our faithful Ody...

And hello to the Yukon!! (and a car payment, boo!!)

We ended up grabbing dinner after we got the car at like 9pm then headed home!! It was such a long day!!



No comments: