Friday, January 23, 2015

10th Anniversary!!

On December 30th, Daniel and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary! I think that is an accomplishment! It makes to me happy to say I married my best friend and high school sweetheart and we have been together for 15 years!! 

We were hoping to be able to stay up in Seattle for a night and have a relaxing 24 hours but our little Opal is no where near sleeping through the night right now. :/ I guess we could have taken just her but that would not have been so relaxing or quiet! Instead we decided to go on a couple nice dates in December!

The first one was the Piano Guys concert! Such a good show! We have always liked Jon Schmidt and we love all of the Piano Guys videos they put out. They were very funny and you can tell they love what they do! I would go see them again!!

The day after Christmas, my little sister Nicole and her husband Blake came to visit! Dia was instantly attached! They watched the kids on Saturday night so that we could go out!


We got dressed up fancy and went out to dinner! I really wanted to go to the Space Needle. We have lived here for 8 years and still haven't even been up to the top! But I waited too long to make a reservation and so they were booked. Instead we went to The Grill from Ipanema. It's a steakhouse with table side rodizio service. It was so incredibly yummy! I literally ate until I could not fit another bite! It's fun because you get to try all kinds of things (I did politely decline the lamb) and you don't get stuck with just one dish. There was a salad bar and grilled pineapple! We were probably a little over dressed for the place but it was still nice. A couple people, including the manager asked what the occasion was since we were all dressed up. Then we got free fancy drinks because it was our anniversary! 

After dinner we headed over to the mall. I know, it sounds weird and probably cheesy. We spent our first anniversary in Disneyland. We stopped at Build a Bear and made a bear with our voices recorded saying, "Happy first Anniversary! I love you!". We still have it and our kids love it! We thought it would kind of fun and silly to make a 10 year bear! When the employee asked us why we were so dressed up she launched it to this whole story about how her and her bf have been together for awhile and they fight a lot but then they are OK. And how some of the other ladies that work there are going through divorces right now because they got married too fast. More information than we needed, but she did say we were cute and that she hopes one day she can have a successful marriage like us!


Gifts are not Daniel or my love language. Yes, I like to get things and I like to buy him things but we have never been big in to getting each other anniversary/birthday/Christmas gifts. I do love pictures though. We love to look through them all and see how we have changed and remember all of the fun things we have done over the years. During the Piano Guys concert they played a song and showed a video that they had made to go with it. It inspired me to make one for us!! I loved the song so much I used the same one. I spent hours and hours on this thing! Going through 10+ years of pictures takes a very long time! I really wanted to surprise him with it but it turned out I needed help finding the right program to make it in. He knew what I was working on but I didn't let him see the finished product until our anniversary! I love it! I hope our kids keep a copy of it and can look back on it in 40-50 years! (For those of you viewing this in an email, you have to go to my actual blog to be able to click on and watch these videos!)

Although we didn't get to get away for our anniversary like we always thought we would, it was still fun. We are planning lots of fun things this summer and I hope there will be a vacation one day that we get to sneak away from the kids!


If you have another 5 minutes and want to hear the song again, this is where I got the idea from. :)

No comments: