Thursday, January 8, 2015

July 2014

Since July is usually the nicest month of the year around here we are able to get outside more! The weather was actually nice on the 4th of July. We started by sleeping in, breakfast with the ward, some swimming in the backyard, naps and we ended with the fire pit and fireworks with Daniel's brother and his kids! (Although I don't think I got any pictures from the fireworks!)







***
We decided to try a new pool with some friends. It was pretty fun! They have a wave pool which the kids LOVED! Most of the time the kids played in the shallower kiddie pool. I was able to watch Dia while sitting with Opal in the shade!



***
The kids always seem to find huge spiders when Daniel is at work so I have to deal with them! I've gotten pretty good at capturing them by placing a jar over then sliding a piece of paper underneath. I usually take them outside and leave them in the jar for Daniel to take care of when he gets home. We found this spider in Addie's room. I know it doesn't look big, but trust me it was! We were all a little fascinated by it so I let it stay in the jar in the house. We put a lid on it (I quadruple checked that it was on tight!) and the kids named her spooky. We only know that it was a girl because a few days later she laid an egg sac! It was so gross and creepy yet so cool at the same time! I did some research and found out that the eggs most likely weren't going to hatch until the spring, so we kept her. She ended up laying a second sac, then died a few days later! 

***
The company we have life insurance through was selling tickets to a Tacoma Rainiers baseball game. We thought it would be fun to take the kids! They really had a great time! We all got raffle tickets and when they did the drawing we won 3 prizes! I felt kind of bad that we won most of them but we have a lot of people in our family! After the game there were fireworks too!



***

Enjoying some sun and some ice cream cones!

***

I feel bad for my younger three kids. Once Johnny was born we stopped going to the library every week and story time became a huge workout for me with the little ones so we just don't go! I noticed that they were having a special story time with a Puyallup Police Officer as the one who was going to read the books. I decided to give it a try and packed everyone up to go. You can tell in the picture how interested in the story Dia was. :)
***
One evening I went for a run not far from my house. As I came around a corner I saw 2 deer in some trees! I had to slow down to take some pictures of course! It is crazy to me that we lived in a fairly populated neighborhood and here are some deer!


***

I'm pretty sure babies sleep like this so that you can't sneak away and get up once they are asleep!!




I don't even remember where we were going/coming from in this picture. Just cracks me up when all 4 of them fall asleep!
***
One of the projects Daniel finished up in July was our ceiling in the master bedroom! It came out so nice! And it was wonderful to lay in bed and see a finished ceiling instead of a bare, popcorn scraped one. :)



***
And to finish off our July, pink eye. Pood Dia absolutly hates the drops in her eyes!



No comments: