Tuesday, January 13, 2015

October Happenings 2014

My last post for October!! I am only 2 and half months away from being caught up! Yay!!


Dia was so excited when these little guys made their appearance in our house! She loved them this year as much as she did last year!

First Halloween!!

Enjoying lunch on a warm October day.

This girl and her books!

Ballet is rough with all the kids. We can't see Addie so we sit in a room with not enough chairs for all the parents and these 2 often go crazy. The iPad has been a lifesaver!

So funny how babies can sense change. She would not let me put her down while I was trying to get stuff done and get ready to pack! I do love a snugly, sleeping baby though.

My kids loved having the road closed! They were able to ride their bikes in the street and play out front without us stressing out too much. They even made friends with one of the flaggers! I'm not sure if she enjoyed them talking to her all the time of if she was just being nice. :) One afternoon the guys were trying to figure out how to move a large concrete box in to the ground. It was pretty interesting to watch. They must have stood around and talked about it for an hour before they did anything! Good thing we had front row seats to keep the kids entertained!

Our first order of Chatbooks came in October! We LOVE these! All of my instagram photos printed, made in to books and shipped to me! Love!

We decided to give another pumpkin patch a try. I'd heard Spooner Farms is a fun one. I can't remember if we had been before with one of the preschool classes or not. Anyway, it was still fun. Even if we didn't do the corn maze or the sling shot. We did get popcorn though and it was so yummy!






***

On one of our many trips to Lowe's, the customer service employee asked us if we wanted some of the kits for the kids that they usually do as a class on Saturdays. We said sure! The kids wanted to do one right away. The other one we did involved hammering, on my table. This left it seriously needing to be refinished! That is a project we just recently completed, I will post those pictures later! But, I think we Daniel learned our lesson about hammering on the table. :)


***
We are always looking for fun field trips to take with the kids! I try to do something once a week, usually on Friday. One week we headed to the Tacoma Children's museum with friends! Shortly after, Groupon had a thing for a discounted annual pass! We decided to get that for one of the kids Christmas presents! I hope we use it!


***
Happy birthday to me!! My wonderful parents got me a Ninja! My poor blender was on its very last leg. I use it every day to make my green smoothies. I have LOVED the Ninja! So fast and it works so well!



For my birthday, we headed to Red Robin the Friday before. On my actual birthday I was able to go to dinner with some friends!!
***
This suit looks scary right!? Well, the garage that he was cleaning out was even scarier! It was beyond gross in the shop that we never used! One of our buyers requests was that we he take down all of the fallen, moldy insulation and take out all of the debris and trash. Yuck. We were so happy we even got a good offer on the house, so we agreed even though we listed it as 'AS IS'.



All of that black stuff is mold! The whole structure needs to be torn down!
***
Dia loves 2 things: Books and babies. Okay, maybe three things if you count food. :) She was super excited when she could fit in her dress that matches her baby.


Addie: "Look we all have black shoes on. Let's take a picture!"

I was able to help with a gender reveal party. I decorated a box and put balloons inside! When the family opened it, pink balloons came popping out! Yay for another girl! I love living vicariously through others. :)

Living with a little boy means nerf bullets on the ceiling.

The kids loved receiving mail from their friends in Utah!! Thanks Warrens!

Enjoying a messy eyeball themed science experiment.

The middle school had some sort of walk a thon on Halloween. I found the kids practically hanging out of Addie's window waving at the students! They were looking at all of their costumes and I guess some kids were waving back!


No comments: