Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Random November 2014

November was a crazy month. Moving is hard with kids. Trying to coordinate selling a home and buying a new one is hard. But we all survived and are liking the new place so far!

Dia trying to be with the big kids. For some reason (maybe because it is so big?) the kids think they need to always be sitting ON the school table!

November 1. The first packed box!! Only about 100 to go!

This was one of my meal during Whole30. It was really challenging, but at the same time not as hard as I thought it would be. The first 2 weeks we were both starving!! All of the time!! The way Whole30 works is you can eat all you want of Whole30 approved food. You can only eat so many nuts, eggs and sweet potatoes though! After 2 weeks it got a lot better. I was less hungry and it wasn't as hard to stay away from foods that were not approved. A lot of people say they see a difference in their bodies within the first week. I didn't loose any weight (I cheated and weighed myself through the 30 days!) until after the first 2 weeks! Overall it was really good for us. Daniel lost about 15 pounds, I lost 7. Mostly though it got us away from eating junky foods. Now we are still eating healthier, but I do enjoy my M 'n' Ms before bed. :)

Our nerdy paper chain! The one of the left was how many days left until we moved and the one on the right was for Whole30!

Always a good time at Costco with 4 kids!

Johnny was saying there was something on the door, I looked over and he was staring outside!

There was a spider hanging out! No one wanted to open the door! I think I did eventually and we squished it.

The kids were able to use the tub once (maybe twice) before we moved!! Doesn't it look good? I painted the outside and the feet black. It did look really good in the totally remodeled and brand new bathroom!! Too bad it took us that long to finish it. So sad to leave that house!

We've had these 2 kites for probably 3 or 4 years. Somehow they have made every move and survived every purge. I always say to myself "Next time we have a windy day, we'll use them". The thing about Puyallup is that there was hardly ever enough wind to fly a kite! One very chilly and windy morning, we took a break from school and drove to a nearby field. We tried to fly the kites but they were really cheat and fell apart after a few minutes. We got one of them to work well enough to stay in the air for a short period of time! By the time we were done, everyone was freezing! Now the kites are in the trash and I no longer have them nagging at me to take the kids kite flying!

***

We moved just in time to unpack a few things and enjoy Thanksgiving!!


Since we go to a buffet on Thanksgiving, I like to do a post Thanksgiving dinner the day after! I don't mind cooking all of the food, I just don't do turkey and stuffing! We do the other usual stuff like cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes and salad. I just cook chicken instead! And we always have sparkling cider! Cheers!!

This little girl especially loved her sparkling cider! We were laughing because she wouldn't put it down! She chugged the whole glass!

And finally, the weekend after Thanksgiving I wasn't ready to get a big tree for downstairs yet so we just set up the kids tree. Great way to end the weekend and a busy, crazy month!

No comments: