Sunday, January 11, 2015

September 2014

We started our second year of home school in September after my mom and sister left. Addie is now in second grade and Johnny in preschool (although we are treating this year like kindergarten for him!).



Diadora had to get in on the picture taking action too. :)




***
Along with the start of a new school year, Addie also started ballet. Real ballet as she would say. It's at the Metropolitan Ballet of Tacoma once a week for an hour. She is really loving it. She had a few weeks where she wasn't sure about it. We think it's because the building is old and not fancy (honestly, it probably could use a little renovation like a lot of old buildings around here!). But since returning to class from Christmas break she is super excited to start working on the recital at the end of the school year!

I should also add that Johnny started gymnastics too. I know I have a picture of him somewhere but I'm not sure where it saved to!
***

So fun trying to entertain everyone while we are doing school!

Johnny came downstairs one night half asleep. We told him to go back up to bed but he only made it to the couch! We found him asleep sitting up!
***
Addie and I ran in her first fun run! It was called the Slime Run! There were obstacles (a slide, small walls to climb over, etc) and every so often there were people with spray guns spraying you with colored slime! I had originally signed myself up for the 5k and her for the kids run. I didn't find anyone else to run the 5k with me (these types of races are not fun by yourself!) so I had planned on just doing the kids run with Addie. When we got to the point where the 5k runners and the kid runners split in 2 different directions she decided she wanted to go all the way and do the 5k! I asked her several times to make sure and made sure she knew it was a long way but she said yes. I was a little worried that she was going to get too tired half way through. Daniel had the other 3 kids at the finish line and I thought he might be a little worried when we weren't there after 15 minutes! She did great! We had to take some walking breaks and she skipped 1 obstacle that was a little scary for her but she did it and loved it!



***

We learned about the human body!

Craft day! Made our pirate hats!

Silly faces. :)

The library has these audio players with chapter books on them. Addie goes through them super fast, Johnny usually gets board but he will sit and listen for awhile!
***
Did you know National Talk like a Pirate Day is a real thing?? It's a silly day but Krispy Kreme gives out a free doughnut if you come in and talk like a pirate. You get a dozen glazed doughnuts if you wear 3 parts of a pirate costume! 


Becoming a fun tradition with friends!

***


Johnny really wanted this particular LEGO set. LEGO are expensive and we told him he had to save up his money to buy it. He did extra jobs around the house for a few weeks until he had enough money! He was super excited to go to the store and buy the set!


I guess we forgot to give the chickens water more often then I would like to admit. Whenever we let them out they would run around looking for any source of water they could find! (We thoroughly cleaned the water table before we put it away!)

Their new thing right before we moved was to come up on the stairs and stare at me any time I was in the laundry room! I miss my chickens!!


One evening we went for a walk around Bradley Lake Park. We noticed some people were searching for a cache so we decided to do some geocaching while we were there! We were able to find 2 after a lot of searching for the second one!



No comments: