Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Halloween 2014

This year we let the kids actually carve their pumpkins where as in the past they only got to paint them. They both made their own designs and did most of the work! No one will clean out the pumpkin guts so I guess that's my job. I love to roast the seeds though so I don't mind digging through it all! We let Dia paint her own and I tried really hard to just sit back and take it all in without offering too much of my own opinion.







The nice thing about having a 2 year still is that she doesn't really care what she wears! This witch costume belonged to my niece (who is now 18!). Addie wore it when she was little and so we pulled it out for Dia!! We got Addie and Johnny's costumes about a month before Halloween at Target when they had a coupon for 50% off costumes! Love Target!

She called herself an Ice Queen. Not to be confused with Elsa from Frozen. :)

I told him to give me a Super Hero pose and this is what I got. Silly boy!

We threw her costume together very last minute! I wasn't going to waste money on a costume for her but then I found this lady bug one for a few dollars!!

We also got dressed up last minute before we headed out to our ward party! We were going for a Grease thing. I was pretty sure we had kept Daniel's leather jacket from high school but I guess I made him throw it away. We still looked good but would have been 10x better with the leather jacket!!


Our first stop on Halloween was the trick or treat they do downtown. Several of the businesses hand out candy starting at about 3pm. So it's a good head start on all the fun! Then we headed home to dump out the buckets and headed over to the ward Trunk or Treat! Daniel and I were doing Whole30 at the time so we thought this was more than enough candy for the kids, and we didn't want to be tempted with any! But they begged us to go out in the neighborhood after the ward party! We stopped by a friend's house and the dads took the older kids while the moms stayed warm inside with the littles. :)

After the trick or treating downtown we looked over at Dia to find her helping herself to her candy bucket!

At the end of the night we were all pretty tired and cold! They looked at and sorted their candy for a minute then we all headed to bed!



No comments: