Sunday, January 25, 2015

Opal's first birthday!

Opal turned 1 on January 14th! She started the day with a fancy breakfast made by her big sister. :) She was quite excited when she saw it! All of her favorite starchy foods! (Don't worry, I didn't let her eat all of that bread, and I tore it up in to little bite sized pieces).


After dinner (we skipped the visit to Red Robin and ate at home,a first for us) we went over to the mall to get her ears pierced! We took the other 2 girls to the same place and when we got there the lady working said she isn't piercing. Um, how are you working at a piercing place if you can't do piercings?! Maybe she was new and still being trained, in that case please don't practice on my baby. :) So we headed over to Claires instead. The employee there said she does babies ears everyday, a little more comforting.

Their little cries are so sad. She was a champ though, just like her sisters and only cried for about 3 minutes. Then it was done!

I know it looks like I am holding my hand over her mouth but I am trying to hold the pacifier in there!

All done! Look at that big tear on her cheek! She is such a snugly little girl!

And 2 minutes later...so happy!


Next we headed home to open presents and have cake!

I love the sibling participation and anticipation!

Next was cup cake time! She had no problem digging right in and devoured the whole thing!








We kept it low key this year. Just us, nothing fancy. Maybe we will step it up a notch for her second birthday. :)

And as of the end of this post, I am officially caught up on the blog!! Hurray!!!!!!


No comments: