Friday, January 23, 2015

Happy New Year!

We haven't introduced our kids to the idea of staying up until midnight on New Years Eve yet. I don't think they even realize that at midnight it's officially a new day. So we do all of the fun stuff and still have them in bed by 9!

This year we had hats, noise makers and confetti poppers.


You can't have a New Years Eve celebrations without sparkling cider!

Little Miss Dia loved hers! She chugged it right down and had us laughing at how fast she drank it!

On New Years Day we headed up to Seattle for a little sight seeing. I kept saying that I wanted to take the kids to see the Fremont Troll. This is not something I wanted to do alone with the kids so I needed it to be a day when Daniel could come too. January 1 was a sunny, super cold day! But we can finally cross that off of our Seattle to-do list!

Dia wasn't sure she wanted to get that close to it at first. I mean, it is a little scary looking! After she saw the kids climbing all over it she thought it must be safe enough.


Then we walked down a few blocks to see these statues. They are supposed to be waiting at a bus stop and I have seen pictures of them dressed in seasonal gear that people bring to dress them in. I forgot to bring some stuff with us! I thought this would be fun but the kids were not impressed! So we took the picture then started to head back toward the car. By this time it was close to lunch time and there happened to be a burger place right there that smelled absolutely yummy. We decided to stop in and eat. It was an unexpected $30 lunch but well worth it to have full, happy kids on the drive back home! 

Happy New Year!


No comments: